You can get a good espresso for few bucks with no need to invest on extravagant barista machines or anything like that. There are in the market some quite neat models of espresso machines for under 200 dollars that will even provide a good overall beverage maker. We listed 5 of the machines under 200 dollars for you to make up your mind!
Best Espresso Machine Under $200 List with Reviews
Keurig Rivo Cappuccino and Latte System
- Automatic On/Off Function; Energy-Saving Mode
- 15 bars of pressure; Brews under 1 minute
- Convenient design allows you to brew espresso on one side and froth milk on the other side
- Three frothing modes: Cappuccino, Latte, and Cold Froth
Rivo is one of the best electronic pump espresso machines you can get to brew coffee on your house. It is quite accessible for your pocket and offers some neat options that are really a win situation for this price. You can froth milk AND prepare an espresso all at the same time, so the machine allows you to prepare different beverages for different people simultaneously. The only limitations of such accessible machine is the fact it works with coffee pods. Keurig has its own recipes of cappuccino, latte and espresso, which are the coffee options you can get automatically with the machine. On the other hand you can froth milk to infuse your own mix in the cup, so is not a limited appliance for only patented recipes.
– On/Off Automatic feature
– Works on Energy-Saving Mode
– Works with coffee pods
– 15-bars pressure electronic pump
– Duo brew design
– Three patented frothing modes (Cold Froth, Cappuccino and Latte)
– The duo design of this machine allows you to brew at the same time different beverages: on one side you can prepare your espresso, on the other froth milk for a cappuccino or latte.
– You can opt between two espresso sizes, a short shot (1.4 oz.) and the Lungo espresso (2.8 oz.)
Breville Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker
- The Breville Duo Temp Pro lets you create third wave specialty coffee at home; This espresso machine ensures...
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Low pressure pre-infusion helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the...
- WATER TEMPERATURE: The 1600W Thermocoil–Integrated stainless steel water path accurately controls water...
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: A high power 1600W element delivers sufficient steam to create microfoam that...
This Breville set is a litte bit more affordable than the Keurig machine but is on the same level of quality, perhaps even better since it is a stainless-steel machine. Likewise, it works with a 15-bar electronic pump, ideal for the most traditional espresso. The Cafe Roma has the Thermoblock function that will always keep the water on ideal temperature with energy saving cost. This set also includes two free stainless steel cups for your espressos and a frothing jug.
– Made on stainless-steel
– Pump espresso machine with 15-bar pump
– Thermoblock function
– Dual-wall filter
– Froth enhancer
– Heating plate for cups
– Water tank with capacity for up to 1-2/7-quart
– Includes two stainless-steel cups for espressos and a frothing jug
– Works with electronic pump on pressure ideal for espresso brewing
– The water tank has an external wall from where you can see levels increasing/decreasing
– The drip tray and the grid are removable grid
– Dual filter wall provides outstanding crema on your coffee
BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
- Personal Cafe - Enjoy the freedom to brew an abundance of different options including: K-Cups, ground coffee, tea...
- Single Serve - Fill the Pour-In Bowl with the desired amount of water and brew anywhere from 4 to 14 ounces
- Pulse Brew - Stop and start the flow of water during the brew cycle to extract a bolder and better flavored drink
- Easy Clean - Removable drip tray catches all drops for an efficient cleanup, every time.
The BUNN MCU is perhaps the most versatile of the machines available here while it doesn’t work exclusively as a classic espresso barista – it doesn’t work with a pump, is not known the bar-pressure amount provided by steam pressure, but it works similarly as stove tops. You will be able to prepare espresso with coffee pods, ground coffee already grinded, soft coffee, tea pods as well as tea bags and loose tea. The machines comes with several different filters you attach to the machine depending on what you want to brew. You can even remove the drip tray to attach below your favorite long travel mug. The water you will add to prepare the beverage depends on the amount you are intending to brew, it has a max. capacity up to 14 ounce.
– Coffee maker brews espresso on powder and coffee pods
– Brews tea
– Capacity from 4 to 14 ounces
– Pulse Brew option to stronger flavor
– Includes 4 different filters/drawers for brewing
– Prepares coffee in several different ways as well as tea. All you have to do is interchange the drawers/filters depending on what you are looking for.
– You can use the machine to dispense hot water for several other uses
– The preparations are ready in less than 1 minute
– You can attach any kind of cup or glass. Is possible to remove the drip tray to fit longer cups.
Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System
- Discontinued model, replaced by model K55
- Includes: 1 Water Filter Handle, 1 Charcoal Filter, 12 count K Cup Variety Pack
- Brews coffee, tea, hot cocoa, specialty, and iced beverages, Brews 6 oz., 8 oz., and 10 oz. sizes
- Always ready and brews in under a minute, Removable 48 oz. Water Reservoir
The second – and not last – Keurig of our list is quite similar to the previous BUNN model. It is not an exclusive espresso machine under 200 bucks but a multi use coffee maker where you can prepare many different kinds of coffees depending on source – coffee pods or tea pods. The K45 on the other hand is more limited than the BUNN, as it offers a smaller capacity of brewing, up to 10 oz and all the different options of coffee are limited to only one drawer. On the other hand, you can make icy beverages with this machine and still prepare powder base beverages with only one filter, is less attachments to handle.
– Coffee and tea maker with auto on/off
– Brews Keurig pods and all compatible sizes
– Includes removable drip tray
– Includes charcoal filter and handle, 12-count K-cup pack,
– Water tank with capacity for up to 48 oz.
– Brews many different beverages: coffee, tea, iced beverages, hot cocoa and specialty
– Brews from 6 to 10 oz.
– The beverage is ready within one minute
– You can as well remove the drip tray to attach long travel mugs
– Available on several different colors
Keurig K40 Elite Brewing System
- Brews a perfect beverage in under one minute
- Choose from three cup sizes with a removable Drip Tray to accommodate travel mugs
- 6 count K Cup Variety Pack; Brews coffee, tea, hot cocoa, specialty, and iced beverages; Brews 6 ounces, 8 ounces,...
- Auto On Off feature, Indicator lights
The last on our list of best espresso machine under 200 dollars of our list is one more Keurig, the K40, which is a previous version of the K45 but is not that much different, with very similar features. This one costs a bit more than than 100 dollars and will also brew many different kinds of beverages, from espressos to icy mixes and hot cocoa. The K45 has some extra functionalities compared to this one, but the core system of these machines are the same. The K40 has less automated functions like, one less cup size button instantaneous preparation, and this one is available on only two colors – while the 45 is manufactured on several different tones.
– Coffee machine with auto off
– Works with pods
– Includes removable drip tray
– Includes charcoal filter and filter handle and a 6-count K-cup pack
– Water tank with capacity for up to 48 oz.
– Drip tray removable for preparing your beverage on long travel mugs
– The brew is ready within one minute
– The water tank is removable and easy to clean
– Available on black and white versions
Tips On Purchasing
1. Warranty: Most of these machines have several parts made on plastic. Check with the retailer and/or manufacturer the insurance policy for the machine, you may eventually need it soon or later.
2. Removable Parts: The more you can remove, the better. Espresso machines can get hard to clean if they are too much armored. Removable water tanks and dip trays are always welcome.
3. Beverage source: Always check the compatibility of the machine before you set the deal. Most of these machines are coffee pods only. Stick to the options with electronic pump if you want to use your own ground coffee.
These machines will provide neat espressos but they are not exclusively crafted for that, especially the last models. On the other hand you don’t have to worry about the quality of the coffee you will get, only bear in mind that some models are limited to work only with pods, so make up your mind about the kind of source for your coffee you want before you bring one of these to your kitchen.