A great cup of coffee starts from selecting the right beans, storing them in correct conditions and above all grinding it to perfection.
There is a dark side of Coffee. It is highly hygroscopic in nature as soon as it is ground. The longer it is exposed to atmospheric moisture, the lesser it turns out in taste and aroma.
So grinding the top quality coffee beans just before actual brewing is the most desirable way of making good tasting home-brew coffee. That is when, owning the best coffee grinder matters the most.
A good coffee grinder will impart maximum aroma and taste to your beverage. Therefore, grinding is perhaps the single most important step in coffee making process. Getting to know the best coffee grinder on the market is your first step to brewing great coffee.
What You Must Know Before You Go Shopping For a Coffee Grinder
Before you decide to go shopping for best coffee grinder, consider the following points:
- How much you intend spending on the product.? There are two types of grinders on the market, wheel and conical burr grinders. Wheel burr grinders are generally noisier but cheaper.
- Your preferences in terms of functionality and appearance. If you prefer products matching color of your kitchen décor then many units come in a range of colors to choose from.
- Ease in operation and maintenance.
- After sales service.
- Ease in cleaning and upkeep.
- Which product gives you best value for your money in feature options.
- Is it suitable for the type of coffee which you prefer?
Best Coffee Grinders: Our Top 5 Choices:
1. Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Bin
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and...
- GO-TO ENTRY LEVEL GRINDER - Baratza’s best-selling grinder, with its small footprint, is THE choice for brewing...
- USER FRIENDLY - A convenient, front-mounted pulse button, plus a simple ON/OFF switch make it easy to grind fresh...
- 40 GRIND SETTINGS - Engineered with 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs that help you explore the extensive range...
Baratza Encore is an all round choice of experts for best coffee grinder for those intending to brew coffee at home.
It grinds fine enough for espresso lovers and gives an even greater grind for manual/drip brew. It features an impressive range of 40 individual grind settings, from coarse to fine, the Encore has accurate and repeatable grind settings. To support the increasingly popular manual brewing methods such as Chemex, pour-over, Siphon and Aeropress, the Encore is featured with accurate coarse to medium grind.
A 450 RPM DC motor slows the burr down to manage a cool grind for the beans even for extended grind times. It ensures a smooth grind with minimum noise, heat or static buildup.
An easy to reach pulse button, mounted in front, makes it easy to grind on demand. With all these eye catching features, Encore is the grinder of choice for espresso lovers as well as those looking to experiment with a wide range of brewing methods.
- 40 individual grind settings.
- 450 RPM high torque DC Motor with electric and gear speed reducers.
- Made in Europe 40mm conical burrs.
- 2nd generation Gearbox (GB 2.0) with a new drive gear for reduced sound and durability.
- Grind range from 250-1200 microns for a variety of grind density.
- User set and built in calibration for a range of grinds.
- Adjustable speed control.
- Convenient on/off switch.
- A wide range of accessories available for separate purchase.
- Designed; Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA.
- Weight: 7 lbs. (3.1kg)
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Dimensions WxHxD: 12cm x35cm x16 cm
- Speed to Grind: .8 to 1.1g/sec
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5 oz. (142 g)
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz. (227g)
- Power Rating (North America): 110 V AC 50/60 Hz. 1 Amp; Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 50/60 Hz. .5 Amps
It is a first class product with excellent design features for any coffee lover. With its mid range price tag and a cool range of add on accessories, it is an obvious choice for you if you are hunting for pretty yet efficient coffee grinder.
2. KitchenAid BCG111OB Blade Coffee Grinder
- Clear Top Cover and One-Touch Control allows for operation at the touch of a button—simply push down on the cover...
- Stainless Steel Blade offers durability and powerful performance, quickly grinding enough whole coffee beans to...
- Removable 4-Oz. Stainless Steel Bowl features measurement markings on the inside, so you know at a glace the...
- Model BCG111 includes heavy duty motor housing, stainless steel 4-ounce capacity bowl with stainless steel coffee...
The KitchenAid Blade Coffee Grinder is also on top of our list for best coffee grinders.It is a quick and simple machine to grind beans up to a capacity of 12 cups. Inside markings on the bean holding cup indicate bean levels for 12, 10, 8 and 4 cups measurements. Top cover slides on with an easy one touch operation.
- Transparent top cover allows a visual inspection to check consistency of grind.
- A simple push on the top cover starts or stops the grind operation.
- Powerful and durable steel blade makes quick work of grinding up to 12 cups in a go.
- 4 Oz removable bowl makes it easy to transfer ground coffee from grinder to coffee maker.
- A robust bowl and heavy duty motor assembly.
- Stable base for a good counter hold.
- Safety switch feature prevents operation of grinder when top cover in not in place.
- Height 8.7 in.
- Depth 4.2 in.
- Width 3.9 in.
- Capacity 4 oz.
- Weight 2 lb.
- Wattage 160 watts
- Warranty 1 Year replacement warranty.
3. Cozyna Ceramic Burr Manual Coffee Grinder, Portable Coffee Mill
- PRECISE AND CONSISTENT GRIND: Regardless if you are grinding for french press or aeropress, the ceramic conical...
- ADJUSTABLE GRIND SIZE: Unlike blade coffee bean grinders, the Cozyna Travel Manual Coffee Grinder contains a...
- PORTABLE: The Cozyna coffee bean grinder was specifically designed to fit into an aeropress making it easy to take...
- RUST FREE: This burr coffee grinder is made of high grade stainless steel which gives it a modern look, but most...
A well made grinder with an amazing design. With the support of its inner spring, the grinder remains consistent even when coarse grinding. The grinder is super tough and static free with its steel body. Its conical, ceramic burrs are virtually rust free, durable and easy to maintain. A perfect all round machine for indoors and outdoors.
- Precise and consistent grind with patented ceramic conical burr.
- Adjustable grind size without having to open the entire grinder. A simple clockwise or anticlockwise rotation of the knob will do the trick.
- An extremely durable stainless steel body.
- Small size making it very portable.
- Designed to fit into AEROPRESS for travelling take along.
- Grinds a wide range of coffees.
- Height 2.4 in.
- Depth 2.3 in.
- Width 2.3 in.
- Weight 0.65 lb.
- Warranty 1 Year replacement warranty.
It is a very versatile hand operated grinder with quite a bit of holding capacity. The timelessness of its design and AEROSPACE compatibility makes it a great all round choice. If you like fresh coffee on the travel, then it is a product of choice for you.
4. Brillante Manual Coffee Grinder
- CAN I ADJUST THE GRIND SIZE AND IS IT CONSISTENT? - Yes, the grinder adjusts quickly and easily to grind for...
- HOW FAST DOES IT GRIND? - That depends on the person grinding (of course!) however you can expect to grind about 38...
- IS IT LOUD? - No, it's really quite tame. You'll find it MUCH quieter than grinding with an electric grinder and...
- IS IT HARD TO CRANK? - Actually it's pretty easy. The grinder is slim for easy gripping and the crank handle is...
Brillante made it on our list as best manual coffee grinder. It is very handy manual coffee grinder with a superior burr design to grind a wide range of coffees with different coarseness range.
It is so versatile in application that you can grind spices with it as well. It features a very solid ceramic conical burr which is virtually indestructible. The burr is adjustable with a knob which gives a clicking sound to track your desired grind setting.
- Adjustable burr for a variety of grind settings.
- A quick grinding speed of about 38gm/80 seconds. Good to serve two people.
- It’s much less noisy than its competition in the market.
- Manual operation of grinding is so easy owing to its design features.
- Great after sales service and money back guarantee.
- Easily adjustable settings.
- Robust stainless steel body.
- Tough conical ceramic burr.
- German glass breaker.
- Heat resistant polypropylene insert.
- 12 oz. serving capacity.
- Safe for dishwashers.
- Height 7.5 in.
- Width 1.9 in.
- Weight 10 oz.
- Warranty 1 Year replacement warranty.
No other manual grinder has the claimed grinding speed of 38gm/80 seconds. This feature along puts it on our list of best coffee grinders and with its beautiful design it makes a manual grinder of choice especially for outdoors when you have no access to electricity.
5. Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Coffee Grinder
- Capresso jury infinity 560. 01 Conical burr Coffee grinder - Black
- Coffee grinder dusting brush
- 3-Pack 35g Grinds Coffee grinder cleaner
Capresso is a quality product of Switzerland. Manufactured on the most advanced computer controlled plant, the product has a cutting edge design and features unparalleled by any other. Its multiple gear motor has a wide range of grinding motions to suit the individual coffee grinding demands.
- Precision fit and cut matched pairs of conical burrs which are hand assembled.
- Multiple gear motor with a motion range of 450 rpm to 1200 rpm.
- Timer based grinding for precision.
- 16 fineness setting for different level of coarseness grinding.
- Smooth and noiseless operation.
- Superior safety features against auto operation.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Up to 4 oz of ground coffee holding capacity.
- Transparent bean container for easy observation.
- Variable timer from 5-60 seconds.
- Pulse grinding feature for different levels of coarseness.
- A beautiful classic design to look good in your kitchen.
- Height 10.5 in.
- Width 5.2 in.
- Weight 8.9 oz.
- Warranty 1 Year limited warranty.
This is undoubtedly as classy product by all means. Swiss precision engineering and quality assurance makes it a formidable grinder. Durability, accuracy and versatility of this grinder is unmatched by miles. Perhaps no other electric grinder offers the range and quality of features like this one. So when you are opting to buy the best of the class in grinders then this has to be your choice.
Related Articles :