Tired of spending hundreds of dollars a month on café specialty drinks? There is a better way.
The feature-rich Gaggia Cadorna Milk Super Automatic Espresso Machine crafts authentically delicious Italian café-quality specialty beverages quick and efficiently, exactly to your specifications.
- 10 Pre-Programmed Beverages|Build your home barista menu with 10 pre-programmed beverages including a ristretto,...
- Cappincup System|The Cappincup System allows users to make a cappuccino, latte macchiato, café au lait and more...
- 4 Personalized Profiles|Create up to 4 user profiles on the Cadorna Plus and save your favorite drinks for everyday...
- Intuitive User Interface|The Cadorna Milk is easy to navigate with a full color screen display so that you can...
The Cadorna Milk uses fresh whole beans for every cup – which is truly the only way to enjoy authentic café-style coffee beverages. It is also more cost-effective with none of the waste or poor flavor of a pod machine.
This Italian-made beauty has unheard of features for its price range and offers unbeatable convenience.
Ready to get your own compact 20-pound personal automated café for your home or office? Let’s take a closer look at its features so you can make an informed purchase.
What we love about the Gaggia Cadorna Milk:
- Versatile List of 10 Pre-Programmed Beverages.
- Accommodates Up to 6-Inch-Tall Mugs.
- Four Personalized Profiles to Customize all Recipes for up to Four Users.
- Adjustable Milk and Coffee Length + 5 Brew Strengths.
- Recipes Consider Milk Order for Accurate Presentation.
- Durable Integrated Ceramic Burr Grinder with 10 Grind Settings.
- Easy to Use Interface and Intuitive Design.
- Pre-infusion for Maximum Flavor.
- Gorgeous Full Color Display Operable with Soft Touch Buttons.
- Convenient Front Loading Water Tank and Dredge Box.
- Quick Clean Function for Capp in Cup Milk Solution.
- Removable Brew Group and Water Filter Capabilities for Easy Maintenance.
- Sleek Slide Out Tray for Short Espresso Shots.
Design of the Gaggia Cadorna Milk super automatic espresso machine
The Cadorna Milk is 15 inches tall, 14 inches wide, and 17 inches deep, and just over 20 pounds heavy.
It is mostly black ABS plastic with a pop of red on its pull-out espresso tray that preserves the all-important layer of crema.
The drip tray and espresso spouts offer nice pops of stainless steel.
Speaking of the espresso spout, we love that it allows for up to 6 inches of mug height.
We can easily use our travel mugs or Irish coffee glasses without worry, while the pull-out espresso cup tray gives you the best of both worlds.
Detachable from the left-hand side of the machine is the Cadorna Milk’s “Capp in Cup” milk solution. This is mostly clear with a black top.
On the top of the machine, you’ll find the fully ceramic burr grinder, which has 10 grind settings.
On the front of the machine is the TFT color display control center, angled up for easy viewing. It is operated by the six soft touch buttons surrounding it.
The 50.7-ounce capacity water reservoir, which works with the Intenza+ filters, and the 10-puck capacity dredge box are located at the front of the machine.
We love this because it makes for easy refills and emptying, which is especially ideal for the office setting or parties where you’ll be making lots of drinks in short succession.
Features & Performance of Gaggia Cadorna Milk:
Easy to Use TFT Color Display
One of the best features about the Gaggia Cadorna line is the stylish and easy to understand, full-color digital screen. You can easily flip through the menu using the soft touch buttons.
The recipes are displayed with text and an image for clear comprehension.
Once you’ve selected a recipe, it’s simple to customize the milk length, coffee length, and intensity of the brew.
Additionally, the display uses plain English to tell you about maintenance needs or refill status, so you’ll never forget to keep your machine in top shape.
10 Pre-Programmed Beverages with Ultimate Customization
This super automatic espresso machine makes over 10 beverages: ristretto, espresso, espresso Lungo, coffee, cappuccino, latte macchiato, Americano, café au lait, hot water, and steamed milk.
They come pre-programmed at standard barista volumes, but everything about the drink can be adjusted, so you can modify recipes into other drinks like Cortados should you please.
You can reduce or increase the volume of milk and espresso by multiple increments. Plus, the Cadorna Milk features Gaggia’s standard “optiaroma” function allowing you to adjust the intensity of your coffee between 1 and 5 settings.
In the advanced settings, you can adjust pump pressure (15 bar) and temperature.
Four Personalized Profiles
For a family with differing preferences the four personalized profiles via the interface is an excellent feature.
Each profile can have their own preferred measurements and options for all 10 of the beverage selections. This is our favorite feature – because it can also be used to expand the drink selection, which is how we use our extra profiles.
Integrated Ceramic Burr Grinder + Bypass Doser
This Gaggia has a fully ceramic integrated burr grinder that holds over 10.5 ounces of beans – an above average capacity allowing for less refills.
This grinder has a great range of settings from 1 to 10, and it can be adjusted with the end of the ground coffee scoop included with the machine. That’s right – this machine pulls out all the stops and allows you to use ground coffee of your choice too with its bypass doser.
We always commend machines that include ceramic grinders as it’s the best option for maximum flavor integrity. Ceramic grinders protect against burning the coffee beans and last much longer than metal grinders too.
Capp to Cup Milk Solution with Quick Clean
This model is part of Gaggia Cadorna product line. What separates the Cadorna Milk from the base model is its milk solution, which Gaggia dubs their “Capp to Cup” system.
The milk carafe has a tube in it that connects to the steam spout on the body of the machine. It can also be tucked into a spot on the lid for easy refrigeration storage.
After multiple uses, we can confidently say the “Capp to Cup” system makes excellent quality milk, from silky latte-style milk to fluffy cappuccino foam.
And, our favorite part is the handy “quick clean” function, which is prompted after every milk drink creation. This makes the clean-up process a breeze!
Another one of our favorite features is its consideration of when to add milk to the drink. For example,
- If you’re making a latte, it brews your espresso then adds the milk after to mix it properly.
- If you’re making a cappuccino, it does the milk first, then espresso, for an authentic presentation with gorgeous layering.
- Its removable brew group is easy to rinse off weekly for a long-lasting machine.
- The “Capp to Cup” system is easy to clean thanks to the quick clean feature and automated deep clean.
- The machine itself has automated cleaning and descaling cycles as well, so you’ll never have to wonder if you’re maintaining your machine properly.
Things to Think About
There aren’t any serious drawbacks to this machine. We do wish that they had included a cup warmer, but considering all the other conveniences, we can easily look past this.
Similarly, we’d prefer more stainless steel as far as the model’s design and material. But at this price point, it makes sense that it’s mostly constructed of plastic ABS. The top model within the Cadorna line, the Prestige, is stainless steel, so you could always opt for that and spend a bit more to achieve the stainless-steel look if it’s important to you.
Gaggia Cadorna Milk vs. Cadorna Prestige
Note: Both the Cadorna Milk and Prestige share the same dimension, hopper capacity, reservoir size, and same number of grind settings. There are only three differences: Prestige is made of stainless steel, it has 14 pre-programmed beverages and a milk carafe.
The setup process for the Gaggia Cadorna Milk automatic espresso machine is simple:
- Step 0: Find a safe location with 6-inch padding all around for easy operation, fill the water reservoir, and plug in your machine.
- Step 1: Place a container under the espresso spout, navigate to the Espresso Lungo button and select the pre-ground coffee button without actually adding any coffee yet. Press “start.”
- Step 2: Empty the container and remove the Capp in Cup system from the steam wand.
- Step 3: Place emptied container under the steam wand and select “hot water” from the menu. Press “start.”
- Step 4: Repeat the hot water cycle until the water tank is empty.
- Step 5: The machine is now primed. NOTE: To make the best-tasting coffee, brew 5 initial cups to allow the machine to complete its internal adjustments. By drink 6, you’re ready to enjoy!
Comparable: Gaggia Cadorna Milk Super Automatic Espresso Machine vs. Philips 3200 Fully Automatic Espresso Machine with LatteGo
The Philips 3200 with LatteGo is like a more affordable version of the Cadorna Milk, saving you $200 for what appears to be very similar functionality. Let’s take a closer look at these two machines and see what you’d be giving up with the Gaggia if you go for the Philips.
The Philips 3200 Series and the Gaggia Cadorna Milk have very similar mostly black plastic designs and same-size ceramic grinders on top.
But the Philips is smaller overall by 4+ inches in width and about half an inch in height. It’s also easier to move around at 17 pounds, versus the 20-pound Gaggia Cadorna.
That’s about where it stops for the Philips though, as the Cadorna Milk slams the competition with a sleeker full color digital interface.
The Philips sports a standard analog system, with one-touch buttons, but with that there are a lot less options.
The Gaggia can display more and offers double the amount of drink recipes.
We also prefer the way the milk solution is designed on the Gaggia machine because it’s less splashy and creates an accurate cappuccino foam. We struggled to get near the quality we expect for cappuccino foam with the Philips, and it does tend to splash no matter the cup size. Still, they both make equally delicious latte milk.
When it comes to functionality, you’re able to make all the drinks the LatteGo has (Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino, Coffee, Latte, Steamed Milk, Hot Water) plus an additional four with the Cadorna Milk (Espresso Lungo, Café Au Lait, Ristretto, Macchiato).
If you’re only fussed with the list the Philips makes, this might be a fair trade off for the $200 savings.
Philips has two additional grind sizes for the integrated grinder, which is a nice plus for some additional customization.
The Gaggia has four user profiles which makes it great for families, dorms, and small offices.
Both machines have an amazingly convenient quick cleaning feature and make great tasting espresso and authentic Americano. Both machines heat up very quickly.
Which model should you get?
If you frequently drink cappuccinos, we definitely think you should get the Gaggia Cadorna Milk, as it makes more authentic cappuccino foam. If you’re not a big cappuccino person and want to save some money, the Philips 3200 series is a great option.
The Gaggia Cadorna Milk Super Automatic Espresso Machine (view on Amazon) is a great choice for the office breakroom, big family homes, those who love to entertain. Or simply people who want to enjoy café style beverages at home without any of the hassle.
It has one of the simplest user interfaces on the market. You can easily create ristretto, espresso, coffee, cappuccino, latte macchiato, espresso lungo, Americano, café au lait, hot water for tea and frothed milk for cocoas or steamers with just a few pushes of a button.
Enhanced with unrivaled convenience features like its full color TFT display, four personalized profiles, quick cleaning system, and multiple levels of drink customization, we think you’ll be hard-pressed to find an authentic Italian café-beverage solution that measures up at this price point.