Have you ever wondered if you could make espresso drinks at home with out blowing through your already stretched budget? If so, this is the article for you.
Most of these machines will be no frills machines but we even found one with a milk carafe for making cappuccino! And even more surprising is the company that makes it as they aren’t famous for espresso.
Maybe your not so much on a budget but you need a small espresso machine to get your fix when camping in your Airstream Nest or driving across country in your 5th wheel. You’ll find all of these machines will fit the need.
Lets get started with the models we liked for less than $200.
Summary of Espresso Machines Reviewed under $200
Best Espresso Machines under $200: Our Top 5 Choices
1. Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker – Café Barista
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 Bar Pump System Brews Rich Tasting Espresso Coffee
- Trouble Free Automatic Milk Frother Removes the Guesswork. Do not wash the water reservoir in the dishwasher
- One touch control panel for drink selections
Mr. Coffee is a common brand known by most to make coffee. Who hasn’t had a Mr. Coffee in their home? Many would be surprised to learn that they also have an espresso machine.
- 15 bar pressure
- One touch control for drink selections
- Removable water and milk resevoirs
- Automatic Milk Frothier
- 26 Inch Cord
- 3 pre-programmed coffee drinks
The control panel on this espresso machine is simple and easy to follow. You can quickly switch between double and single shot brewing cycles of your favorite espresso beverages.
Both the water and the milk reservoirs are easily removable for filling. The milk carafe can be place in your refrigerator to keep milk cold in between usages.
While the milk reservoir is a great feature is should be noted that the manufacturer recommends you don’t wash the milk reservoir in the dishwasher.
Another nice feature of this specific espresso machine is that it comes with a recipe book filled with recipes of your favorite espresso drinks plus a few you may not have tried before.
2. DeLonghi EC155 15 Bar Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
- EVERY CUP TO YOUR LIKING: 15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls...
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews...
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured...
- ONE ESPRESSO SHOT OR TWO. The three-in-one filter holder, included with the unit, has filters for one espresso...
This is a great machine for just making espresso and frothing milk. It easily fits in a camper should you be camping and takes up a small space on the counter top in your home.
- 15 bar pressure
- Manual Frothier to make silky foam
- Removable water reservoir for easy cleaning
- Double wall filter baskets comes with single and double filter baskets
- Simple space saving design
- No waiting between cups
Simple controls to operate the espresso machine. Turn selector to the right until the green light comes on and you’re ready to brew.
Frothier wand is easy to control the steam. Move selector to the left and then use the dial on the top of the machine to control the volume of steam you need to create your foam.
The filter also supports pods, this can be a convenient way to make espresso if you don’t want to hassle with grinding your own coffee. While its not as good as fresh ground coffee, it can work well if your camping or somewhere where you don’t have access to a grinder.
3. Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Espresso Maker
- Stainless-steel espresso machine with 15-bar thermoblock pump
- Dual-wall filter system for excellent crema; froth enhancer, cup-warming plate
- Accesories: Stainless steel frothing pitcher Tamping tool/measuring spoon/cleaning tool
- Removable drip tray and grid; Frothing jug included
The Breville Café Roma set is a little bit more affordable than the Breville models but is on the same or better level of quality, being constructed of stainless-steel. Likewise, it works with a 15-bar electronic pump, ideal for the most traditional espresso.
- 15-bar thermoblock pump
- Stainless steel frothing pitcher Tamping tool/measuring spoon/cleaning tool
- Measures 9 x 9 x 12 inches perfect for counter top
- Manual Milk Frothier
- Simple controls
- Warmer to warm 6 espresso cups
The Cafe Roma uses Thermoblock technology that will always keep the water at the ideal temperature for brewing espresso while saving energy.
Dual filter wall provides outstanding crema on your coffee. The dual wall filters are a little more forgiving on the grind of your coffee giving you great espresso right out of the gate.
Control is simple to use turn to the right for brewing and turn to the left for frothing. An improvement for this feature would be for you to be able to control how much steam comes out.
The steaming wand comes with a “finger loop” that allows you to guide the frothier without burning your finger.
4. Gevi Espresso Machine with Milk Frothier
- ☕ 【45S FAST HEATING WITHOUT WAITING】: 15 Bar Semi-Automatic 2-in-1 Espresso Machine, enjoy making espresso...
- ☕ 【PROFESSIONAL MILK FROTHING WAND】: Frothing milk for cappuccino and latte by hot steam want. The...
- ☕ 【DOUBLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL】: With an accurate dual temperature control system, the temperature can be...
- ☕ 【SAFE PROTECTION SYSTEM】 : The machine will automatically power off after 25 minutes, automatic pressure...
While this didn’t test as well as many of our other machines it was adequate for someone starting out with their espresso journey while learning the in’s and out’s of espresso making.
- 15 Bar Italian ODM Pump
- Manual Milk Frothing Wand
- Removable water reservoir
- Removable cup tray for more height
- Heated Cup Holder
- 1 double shot filter basket
This espresso machine is just about the right size for a counter top.
It is slightly taller than the Delonghi or Breville models at ~14.5″, don’t for get to add the height you need to warm cups on the top of the machine.
The manual frothier is simple in design and with practice you can make perfect foam.
For this model be careful not to overfill the fully removable water reservoir as it will leak.
Gevi comes with the double shot filter basket. It would have been a nice touch to offer the single shot size as well.
This is a nice starter espresso machine, especially if your not sure if you are going to want to be hands on in creating espresso. Gevi’s entry level machine gives you a chance to test it out at a lower price point before going all in on an espresso machine with all the bells and whistles.
5. Professional Espresso Coffee Machine for Cappuccino and Latte
- HIGH PRESSURE ESPRESSO MACHINE - Yabano 1350W espresso machine with 15 bar pressure, ensure you get continuous...
- PRESSURE GAUGES - Built in pressure gauges, you can know the accurate pressure of espresso coffee machine, help you...
- BUILTED IN MILK FROTHER - Espresso maker comes with steam wand, you can enjoy cappuccino and latte with creamy and...
- LARGE WATER TANK - 37oz large and transparent water tank with detachable design, makes cappuccino machine easy to...
We liked the look of this machine, it looks more expensive than it is. Even so, its another basic espresso machine that is a good starting point, for a beginner to start making espresso.
- 15 bar pressure
- Manual Steam Wand
- Cup warmer Grill
- Removable water tank
- Built in Pressure Guage
- Comes with both single and double shot filter baskets
We liked the height of this entry level machine, however at close to 16 and a half inches tall you do need to make sure you have room if you’re putting it under a cabinet.
The pressure gauge is right up front and easy to read so that you can always be sure your brewing at the right pressure.
The control panel is easy to follow and there is a knob for controlling the volume of steam that is released..
Holds 2 espresso cups on top of the machine to warm them prior to brewing your espresso.
Tips For Purchasing any of these expresso machines
Its always good to remember these are all entry level machines and you will fine flaws in all of them. At this price point we were looking for machines that gave you the control you need to achieve a good cup of espresso, latte, or cappuccino. You may want to consider these items as your making your choice:
- Is having a milk reservoir a must have? Or are you willing to sacrifice that and pour your milk in a pitcher and froth it.
- Do you need both a single and a double shot for the drinks you plan to make?
- Will the machine fit on the space you have reserved on the counter?
- Do you need to be able to control the volume of steam?
- Is how fast the machine heats up important to you?
- Do I want a machine that will work with espresso packets/pods?
- Do you have space for the machine?
Summary of tips for Espresso machines less than 200 Dollars
Be conscious that these entry level machines tend to be manual. Always think about thinks like adjusting the volume of steam vs having to work with a fixed volume. Or if you want to be able to adjust the strength of your brew you’ll want to look for a machine with that capability.
While you need think about the height of the machine and how you will be using it on your counter top, don’t for get to think of the distance between the grate and the spout. If you have taller cups you’ll want to be able to accommodate them.
And last of all don’t for get to have fun, in our mind these are entry level machines that you can pick up fairly cheap to see if making espresso becomes a passion for you or if you’d rather just go to your local coffee shop.
There are many an espresso machine that have been relegated to the espresso machine graveyard (ie our storage closets) never to be used and destined for a yard sale. If you buy from this list, at least you won’t have spent a fortune only to find out it isn’t for you.